Experience the unforgettable spirit on board our luxury 48-foot Royal Cape power catamaran. As one of the largest and most luxurious boats for hire in Durban, the Spirit of eLan is highly adaptable and well suited for Fishing Charters, Corporate Hospitality, Logistics Tours and Special Events or Parties. Powered by 2 x 240HP Yamaha Turbo motors, the boat has a wave-piercing hull and is capable of reaching top speeds of 30 knots.
Choose the Spirit of eLan for panoramic views from the flybridge. From this elevated perspective, guests get a unique view of Durban’s iconic skyline, the fishing action, or Nature’s magnificence.
CHARTERS FOR ALL OCCASIONS
From the comfort of the Spirit of eLan, guests get to see for themselves how the world’s eighth-busiest port operates. This tour is invaluable for customers who will benefit from understanding the complexities of port operations. Seeing the possible causes of stoppages and bottlenecks firsthand, delaying the delivery of their cargo…
Corporate Hospitality & Entertaining
Be remembered for being extraordinary. A private charter onboard the Spirit of eLan is the perfect way to treat special clients, colleagues or business associates. Tailor-make your corporate excursion to suit your objectives. Include an entertainer, a sales pitch, thrash out that deal, or take advantage of the being out on the water to launch a new product…
Parties and Special Events
Do something different! Your imagination is the only limitation when you host an event on board the Spirit of eLan. Treat guests to constantly changing scenery on a harbour cruise, and take in the spectacular skyline along Durban’s famous Golden Mile. Trips are for a minimum of 2 hours but our sliding scale rates make it affordable to indulge your senses…
The Spirit of eLan is an executive level fishing charter leaving from Durban’s Wilson’s Wharf. We specialise in fishing excursions in Durban Bay, out to backline, or at deep sea – depending on the weather conditions and the client’s preference. Charter the Spirit of eLan for an enjoyable and memorable fishing trip challenging enough for…
Educational trips – 45 minutes
Take your class on an Environmental Field Trip! A school outing around Durban harbour is an unforgettable learning experience for even easily-bored scholars! Learning about the commercial and environmental significance of the port onboard a luxury catamaran is an educational treat for scholars. Taking scholars into the…
The following facilities are onboard
- Two cabins
- Two full bathrooms with shower, basin and toilet
- Fully-equipped kitchen – including microwave, electric stove, fridge, serving platters, crockery, cutlery and glasses
- Gas braai facilities available on charters of 3 hours or longer
- Relaxed, comfortable seating – saloon area, skipper’s bridge, or up on the flybridge
- State of the art surround sound system – bring your music (aux/CD connection no USB port)
- Phone charging facilities
- Full walk-around deck
- Comfortably accommodates 20 guests or 10 for fishing charters
DRESS CODE Suit yourself! But we request no high heels as they damage the flooring. Our advice: “think squash” – light soles and shoes (or none) that you can mingle and maneuver in.
Catering and refreshments
Tailor your refreshments and catering to suit the nature of your charter. Depending on the occasion, our guests have braaied, slow cooked a potjie, packed simple snacks, organized high-end platters, or cooked up a meal in the fully-equipped onboard kitchen.
Catering and bar service can be arranged. We recommend:
- Seafood braai on the boat
- No-fuss prego roll and salad
- Braai packs, salad and rolls
- Pre-catered platters
- Continental and/or cooked breakfast – can be braaied
Know before you go
- Hourly rate includes skipper, deckhand and fuel
- Departs from Wilson’s Wharf on Victoria Embankment Daily for confirmed bookings.
- Bad weather might cause the charter to be postponed or rescheduled at the skipper’s discretion. Depending on the weather, the skipper will decide whether it is safe to go out to sea, or not. His decision is final.
- Minimum charter duration is 2 hours, maximum is 8 hours
- Catering and refreshments are not included.
- Rates are inclusive of VAT and subject to change.
- NO REFUNDS POLICY is applicable on bookings – CHECK, cancellation policy.
- Payment is required prior to leaving the wharf.
The Spirit of eLan goes through SAMSA (South African Maritime Safety Association) inspections once a year and carries fully-approved safety equipment.