Take your class on an Environmental Field Trip! A school outing around Durban harbour is an unforgettable learning experience for even easily-bored scholars! Learning about the commercial and environmental significance of the port onboard a luxury catamaran is an educational treat for scholars.
Taking scholars into the natural environment greatly enhances the learning experience and a field trip on the Spirit of eLan is a great opportunity to do just that.
Educational trips include:
- Historical overview of the Port of Durban
- The natural environment including
- Protected mangrove forests
- Marine life and fish species found in the harbour
- Commercial harbour operations
- Unique feature of Durban harbour
- Types of cargo handled
- Overview of the terminals and their operations
Educational Trips – 45 minutes
- Informative commentary onboard
- Boat capacity – 20 total at one time
- Suitable for ages 10 and upwards
- Unique, hands-on educational experience
- Immersive learning experience about life above and below the water
- Refreshments and snacks can be arranged
Conveniently moored at Wilson’s Wharf, field trips on the Spirit of eLan can be combined with other CBD attractions, or include a treat at one of the wharfside restaurants.s
*Time and weather permitting, at the skipper’s discretion, the Spirit of eLan will go through the harbor mouth out to sea.